Saturday, October 2, 2010


*may the force be with you*
Setting Goals for oneself is key to life. Engage you should, as students, in some form of goal setting quarterly. Very important it is, to prepare first: journal, writing tool, solitude, honesty.


Keep a goal journal
  • Reflection:::
Revisit goals from your last goal setting session
Which goals did you achieve and why?
Which goals were not achieved/ did not work and why? How will you push through the threshold next time to beat the obstacle that faced you?
  • Forward:::
Develop a list of goals that are most immediately reasonable and a list of reach goals
Develop a list of three to five short-term (one week to one academic quarter) goals 
Develop a list of two to four longterm (academic quarter to a year) goals
  • Writing your goals down is just the beginning.
  • Each goal deserves a few questions that you honestly and thoroughly answer until you thoughtfully create a very clear road map of how to arrive at the goal:
  For example:
  1. What is the goal? (To eliminate procrastination on homework)
  2. How will I accomplish this goal? (I will do my homework on time)
  3. How? (By eliminating distractions and by time management)
  4. What are my distractions and how will I eliminate them?...
  5. What will have to change? What works for me and what doesn't? 
  6. Who can help me accomplish this goal?
  7. What are the rewards of the goal?
  8. Who can I share (some of) my goals with in order to help me persevere through to the end result?
Midway through the lifeline of your goals, assess their status.

No comments:

Post a Comment